It’s Christmas time in the city. I’m so Christmasy right now, though the Christmas Day already passed. But there is still New Year coming. It’s the best of the year, with all the Christmas cheer.. I know that I use the word Christmas too much, but I don’t care, I love it. It’s not about the presents or anything else.. It’s the lights, spirit of the holidays, happy gatherings with friends and family, and of course it’s all about magic. And no, you are never old for magic, for believing. It’s the time when strangers in the streets are somehow connected, and are a little bit happier. I really love everything Christmas-related, decorations, music, movies and right now I am listening to Christmas songs and it really gets me in the mood. And the one thing I want to do in this time of the year is making people be happy and forget all the problems and materialistic bullshit, stop complaining about the bad things, because they always were and always will be and just enjoy the jolly season. You don’t necessarily have to have good presents, money, expensive car or phone to be happy, no, it will never give you the sense of happiness. Just try to focus in positive and good things in life and it will bring much good stuff into your lives. And Christmas or New Year are the best time to change your life, your worldview and thoughts, fill them with light and joy. So here some tips that always help me get in the mood of the holidays, and I hope that it will help at least one person too. 🎆
1.Firstly, of course, decorate your house or room. And the more there are lights and candles, the magical it becomes.
2. DIY. Use your creativity to make something, that you can give as a gift or just decorate with it your place.
3. Go for a walk especially at night, when all the lights of the city are on, build a snowman, have a snowfight, feel yourself a child again.❄️
4. Bake some Christmas cookies, or just make a hot chocolate with marshmallows, it is a perfect way to spend an evening.
5.And at last, but not least, here come Christmas songs, books and movies. A perfect book for it is the old classic Charles Dickens “Christmas Carol”.
For songs and movies here is my favorite ones.
- Frank Sinatra-Let it snow, Santa Clause is coming to town, have yourself a Merry little Christmas
- Andy Williams-It’s the most wonderful time of the year
- Alan Silvestri-spirit of the season, Winter Wonderland
- Bobby Helms-Jingle Bells Rock
Movies and cartoons:
- The Polar Express
- How the Grinch stole Christmas
- Home alone(obviously)
- The Santa Clause
- Arthur Christmas
- Christmas with the Kranks
- Love actually
And lastly, you can write good memories of the passing year, make some plans, wishes, aims for new year, or just dream, cause all dreams come true one day. And remember that even the Grinch and Scrooge started feeling and believing in the end, so why couldn’t we? I wish everyone Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. ❄️