Just like with spring, and every other season, autumn for me also has its own songs, songs that have been collected through years and made into a great playlist.
I don’t know if I’m the only person with seasonal songs, hopefully not. But there are songs that just scream a season and you can’t ignore it. Plus there are the ones, which remind you of a specific period, and whenever you listen to it, you transfer to those good old days, and bring back all those memories and feelings to this present day.
Autumn songs have a chill vibe, just like the weather outside. They’re usually slow, melodic, somewhere in acoustic rock and indie genre. They seem to complement the season, and go together perfectly, like they were created for each other. These are the songs you’d listen on a rainy morning, with rain being a part of the music itself, on a pleasant walk with crispy air and crunching leaves, which again become an integral part of the autumn soundtrack.
Like autumn itself, these songs fill you with extra-coziness, warmth but also fresh, and chill air at the same time, with a hint of Halloween coming around quite soon. They’ll make you listen the autumn, feel the autumn, like you’re the main character of your own movie, which takes place in the most beautiful and picturesque little town, or big city, doesn’t really matter. Here’s a small part of my autumn playlist, which will hopefully inspire you as well for this season.
1. Keane – Somewhere Only We Know
2. Needtobreathe – Brother
3. The Neighborhood – Sweater Weather, Daddy Issues
4. Jonathan Clay- Heart on Fire
5. Aly & Aj – Rush
6. Imagine Dragons – Thunder
7. John Williams – Mischief Managed!
8. One Direction – Home, Infinity, Perfect
9. Ingrid Michaelson – Everybody Wants to Love
10. NF – Paralyzed
11. Awolnation – Sail
12. Avril Lavigne – Complicated, Let Me Go
13. Coconut Records – Microphone
14. Jean-Philippe Verdin – Everybody’s Got to Learn Sometime
15. Ruelle – War of Hearts, Madness